Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Once a container now a color-coordinated gift

A small gift of color-coordinated erasers and stickers.
At a classroom in junior high I struggled to learn Spanish. During my free time in high school I wasn't quite picking up on the Japanese language that I took interest in. These days it's about learning Arabic and though I've made more progress on it than Spanish and Japanese, I'm still a beginner.

I have a friend who has a little sister around ten years old, she is also learning Arabic. When I had a small Arabic discussion with her, she had one answer while I had another so I told her I'd go back to the books and look up the correct answer. Turns out she was right so to that she first deserves a "baraak Allaahu feek"!

It's good to give gifts if someone helps you. Gift-giving can even be a random act of kindness. This kid deserved a gift and the positive reinforcement happened to be color-coordinated and upcycled.

It can be a plastic lotion container or whatever else similar that you can find.

The gift I had made her included; pink, light blue, and dark blue erasers as well as a few pink stickers (which matched the erasers) and the stickers could be used by the child to customize the container.
I chose erasers for this gift because unlike an ordinary toy, erasers are something that are practical and functional- every student can find a use for them. But it's not a boring gift because the element of fun comes in with decorating the container and the color-coordination is also enjoyable.

A little lesson from the erasers is that we all make mistakes, there is some nice optimism in erasers because when you realize your mistake, you know that there is hope for success because correction can come and mistakes can be erased.

I made the extras because I loved the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment